Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You’re the Bestest…

One morning this week I woke up just a little earlier then Stephen… my son…
We are trying to get him to stop wetting the bed… we are not giving him any liquids after 7PM… not really working out too well mind you… anyways, one morning he said to me… “Mom, I accidentally peed my bed.”
I said: “That’s ok babe, we will try again tomorrow.” I gave him the look of… “We can do it together, it will be ok.” The next thing I knew when I was re-making his bed with clean sheets is two little arms around my waist… with my son saying… “You’re the bestest mom ever!”

Just having that in the back of my head when Stephen starts throwing tantrums helps me get through them and breathe just a little more easier…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart melted when I read this one. That little boy is going to have a heart just like yours.

Sarah McLean said...

Thanks mom! I hope so too!